First of all, I’d like to thank Amber (Wild Heart Reviews) for nominating me. It was so sweet and thoughtful of you! I’ve actually seen this award going around the blogging community for quite some time now, and I thought it was really fun and interesting. Lucky for me, I now have the opportunity to take part in it 🙂
For those of you who don’t know what the Liebster award is, it’s essentially an award that’s given to small bloggers (typically those who have less than 200 followers). It’s a chance to discover new people, and to connect with them.
So, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think deserve the award
- Give them 11 questions to answer
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
1. Not everyone is a book blogger; What do you blog about?
I blog about anything and everything that comes to mind. My blog is mostly a reflection of all of my interests, so I could be writing about books one day, TV shows the next, or fitness and climbing.
2. Do you schedule your blogs or write them on the fly?
I write whenever I have something to write about, which unfortunately means that there could long gaps between my blog posts, especially when it’s taking me a while to finish a book that I want to review.
3. What do you do in your spare time?
In my spare time, I like to go climbing, but since I injured my arm, I haven’t been able to do that, so I’ve been mostly reading and watching TV shows.
4. How much time do you actively spend blogging?
This really depends on whether or not I have topics that I want to write about. Most of the time, writing a blog post can take me up to 3 hours to finish…And even then, I feel like I’m never completely done. I have a real problem with editing. Sometimes, I’ll publish a post, and then a few days later, I’ll go back to read it again and find something that I don’t like about it, so I end up making more edits. I’m a little bit obsessive in that way.
5. What was the last book you bought?
Every Breath You Take by Judith McNaught. I had already read a digital copy of it several years ago, but she came out with a second version with bonus scenes, so I just had to go out and buy it. I’m a big Judith McNaught fan, so I just couldn’t resist.
6. Every blogger has their drinking vice when blogging, what is yours? Coffee, tea, wine, water?
Water all the way. I’ve been cutting back on sugary drinks, so no more juices or soda for me. And I’m very sensitive to caffeine, so I don’t drink coffee unless I really need to stay awake for something. I’m also not big on alcoholic drinks. I’m mostly a social drinker, so you won’t see me drinking outside of a social gathering.
7. What is your biggest challenge when it comes to running your blog?
My biggest challenge when it comes to blogging is probably reading books fast enough to write reviews regularly.
8. Did you have professional help or did you create your blog yourself?
I created my blog all by myself. I did look through forums when I had trouble with the layout though.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world and stay for a year, where would it be?
There’s so much of the world that I want to see that it’s really hard for me to pick just one place, but if I had to choose right now, it would probably be New Zealand.
According to what I’ve heard, New Zealand has a lot to offer in terms of beautiful sceneries. I also heard that they have a lot of extreme “sports” out there, and that’s exactly what I’m looking for. You could say that I’m a bit of a thrill seeker. I’d love to go bungee jumping again, and I’d also love to try out one of those rope swings 🙂
10. If you could spend a day with your favorite author, what would you ask them?
I feel like all of the questions that I have for my favorite author are pretty ordinary and standard, things that they’ve already been asked many times before. But here they are anyway…
– When you’re writing a story, do you take inspiration from real-life experiences?
– Do you know the basic gist of the story before you even start writing? For example, do you have an outline of how the main characters meet, what kinds of conflicts they’ll face, how the story ends, etc.?
– How do you make up the dialogue between your characters? How do you ensure that it’s all interesting and witty?
11. What got you into blogging?
Boredom. As I mentioned before, I recently injured my arm, so right after the incident, I had a lot of time on my hands, just sitting at home. I’ve been thinking about blogging for a while now, but I just never really got motivated enough to go through with it until last month.
My questions for those I’m nominating:
- This is not really a question, but rather a request…Tell us a random fact about yourself.
- If you love reading, what got you started on it?
- If you could only read books from one author, who would it be?
- If there was a fictional character that you like to fantasize about, who would it be? Fictional character could be from a book, a TV show or a movie 😉
- Which artists/bands do you like to listen to the most?
- What’s the craziest thing on your bucket list?
- What’s the most beautiful place that you’ve ever been to?
- If you could live in a different time period, would you? If you answered yes, what year would it be, and where?
- Which fictional character would you love to trade places with and why?
- Do you do anything to stay in shape/be healthy? If so, what?
- What’s something that you really enjoy, and encourage people to try? (Could be an activity, food, product, etc.)
Who am I nominating?
I’ll have to get back to this one. I’m fairly new to the blogging community, so I’m going to need to scourge the internet for new bloggers first 🙂 I’ll be updating this list as soon as I discover new people: